Monday, August 23, 2010

My poor, neglected blog

I haven't forgotten that I'm supposed to be saving the world one coffee mug at a time, and since I don't feel like boring anyone with the excuses of why I haven't been an active blogger, I'll just say this: I'm on it. I set today aside to run around and pick up mugs, but I came across a little problem: the mugs that I love are totally sold out. I spent the afternoon calling Peet's locations around S.F., the Peninsula, and even Marin but no luck.

I'm going to stick to the brand I've been using and just order them online. I didn't originally want to order online because I wanted to avoid shipping and the packing materials that come along, but I decided that since I'm moving soon, I'll repurpose the packing materials and then recycle them. Plus I really really like this brand of mugs and since I use one myself everyday, I know that they don't leak and are pretty sturdy. The last thing I want to do is give people mugs that leak all over them and explode in the microwave. So, long story short, more mugs are on the way. Sorry for the delay.

1 comment:

  1. I just completed my first mug giveaway. It was to my coworkers, so it wasn't quite as adventurous as going up to some stranger, but noentheless...there are two people in my office who patronize the coffee cart daily and they always come back with paper cups. I gave them the mugs in hopes that if they remember to use them even if only when at work, that's some sort of savings. Also it COSTS LESS! It's $1 to fill your cup if you bring your own. Saving money and the environment, what more motivation can you ask for?!?! I'll even volunteer to wash their damn cups for them if it's a problem. :P

    ReplyDelete