Thursday, September 16, 2010

At long last....


Don't turn this mother out.
OK, new mugs are finally on their way to us. I searched high and low around the city for mugs I like that are budget-friendly and as green as possible. No real luck. I've found either really great ones that are out of my price range or really inexpensive ones that seem, well...really inexpensive, to put it nicely. I really didn't want to order online because my whole point is to reduce waste and shipping is wasteful , however, I have a reuse for the materials, and I need the mugs, so I ordered.

Update from the Quality Control Dept.: The mugs I'm using are great, but I've gotten some feedback that they're not leak proof. OK, so yeah, if you wanna put the mug in your bag, you need to dump the coffee. They're more suited for your walk / drive / bus ride to work and gentle coffee uses. If you are a bike messenger or if you have a tick that would cause you to shake your coffee violently, these might not be your mugs. However, I still encourage you to seek out a reusable mug that is appropriate for shaken-not-stirred coffee preferances. 

Update from the PR Dept.: I'm thinking about staging some mini events at coffee shops around town. Not a lecture--just a casual little talk about what I'm doing and how it helps us, the environment, and the shop owner. I'll pair it with a giveaway. If anyone has an inside track on some local places that might be interested, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for my mug!!! I use it daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What other things can your mugs hold besides coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. all time winner - at this time only coffee and chef boyardee mini raviolis are approved for mug use. we will keep you update as new uses are approved by the board. Thank You - The Board

    ReplyDelete