Thursday, October 14, 2010

More good news

Fantastic news! Even though I have not been quite the blogger I hoped to be, I have been giving mugs and talking about mugs and buying mugs, etc. So don't worry ( I know you've been worried) because heresyourmug is still alive and well. I have two exciting new developments to share with all of you. Ready?

First of all, I have an interview about this project coming out in the San Francisco Examiner. We're basically famous. It's a 3-minute interview but an interview nonetheless. Thanks to my amazing PR department (Karyne). A client at the salon asked if I had notified the Examiner about my blog and I said no, but it was a good idea. I told Karyne about this conversation, and as it turns out she knows someone at the Examiner. She sent out an e-mail and before I knew it, I was on the phone giving my first-ever interview about the mug project.  Im excited that now people who don't me personally or on Facebook might find out about the blog and it'll change their lives. That's what happens when you skim across an interview in the Examiner, right? It changes your life? That's what I thought. I don't know exactly what date it's coming out, but I will keep you all posted.

Second piece of amazing news is that Christine (my boss and the owner of Renaissance Salon) today asked me about my blog. We've been super busy at work lately, so although I have given her a mug, which she uses daily, we haven't had time to really talk about the project. Today, after hearing what the project is about and why I started it, she asked if I would accept a donation from her of $50 monthly. That's amazing! Now I can double my mug budget and get more sustainable solutions out there. The more people I talk to about this with, the better it gets.

Everyone's ideas and connections, no matter how big or small, are propelling this thing forward. This is exactly what I was hoping for with this project. My next task will be to set up a Paypal account, so people can donate through this blog. I'll get my PR person (Karyne) working on that right away.

2 comments:

  1. Read about you today in the Examiner. Great interview. Thanks for making a big difference in the Bay Area....

    Rob

    ReplyDelete