Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yay for Gay!

I hit the jackpot the other day at the Peet's in the Castro and got five of those mugs on clearance. I want to take this opportunity to say that although I mention Peet's a lot in my blog, I'm not actually endorsed by the company or anything. I do love their coffee, but I've mainly been sticking with those stores because they happen to carry the mugs I like, and they're getting rid of them for five bucks. So if you're wondering if I'll eventually stray from them being my mug supplier, the answer is yes, I will.

Moving on. As you may know, today was a big day for gays. Prop 8 was overturned in CA and people were celebrating all over the city. I saw on Facebook that there was a support rally at City Hall so Karyne and I headed over. As it wrapped up, we were getting back in the car and I remembered that the five mugs were in the trunk. I felt like this was a good opportunity to talk to people who were already in a good mood, so I grabbed my mugs, quickly wrote the blog address on the sleeve, and went to handing them out.

I was pretty well recieved. One question was, "You don't go to anti-gay rallies and hand these out, too, right?"  Nope, I sure don't.  The other question was, "Is it OK if I'm not a big coffee drinker?" Yeah, it is. Whatever you'd normally be putting in a disposable cup, put it in here instead. That was it. I quickly unloaded five mugs and at the same time celebrated progress with the gays and gay allies. Pretty good night.

3 comments:

  1. Dude. This is awesome. At first I thought by "mug", you were going to just show a lot of pictures of your face. I was excited and aroused. Then I realized what it really was and was aroused in a whole different way. As usual, we're on the same wavelength because I just bought a to-go mug. It has a blue owl on it so naturally, it's flippin' awesome. I don't really "go" anywhere, so it's tricky, but I will now be making a much more concerted effort to utilize it in the event that I actually leave the house.
    Btw, if Peets was smart, they'd not only advertise your blog, but agree to subsidize your mug fund as they'd profit by reducing their paper cup costs and get some good press. Just saying.
    Keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for being obsessed with me. the feeling is mutual

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you putting pictures in stuff! I'm so proud of you! Additionally, I'm building a compost bin in my backyard and I recently found out that paper towels, napkins, and paper plates can be composted small scale. How excited am I??? A lot. A lot excited. As for my trusty mug, it's with me daily, today it has some awesome Amourous Red Dazzleglass from M.A.C. on it. Loves.

    ReplyDelete