Sunday, August 1, 2010

July turns into August

My coworker Danny is so stoked on his new mug.

First the old business...Didn't get around to using up my last 15 bucks by yesterday, and now it's officially August, so I'm going to roll over that money and make my August budget $65.

Now for the new business...I had two mugs left, so I gave them away at work today--one to my coworker and one to a client. At first, I wasn't too keen on the idea of talking about my mug project at work because I was wondering if that was some weird conflict of interest. Like, if I told either clients or coworkers about the project and they weren't into it or just really got their kicks using paper cups, would our conversation be awkward? Would I be that annoying person with a cause?  But then I thought, what the hell? It's fine. If I want to get as many people as possible to kick the paper cup habit, and my job puts me in contact with a lot of cool people who might be into this, then it's kind of stupid not to tell people about it. Right? Right!

4 comments:

  1. i'm going to donate some $$ this month, so your mug fund will be rich and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you some new mugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I will roll around in all the donated money with an inappropriately loud creepy, evil-guy laugh. Then Ill sweep it all up and fold it neatly in my wallet so I can go buy mugs with it. Thanks #1 fan

    ReplyDelete